Ivy

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Re: Ivy

Postby PaulaH » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Ivy is at is again! We've started training for Barn Hunt and she loves it! Attached is a video of her first lesson. Barn Hunt is a fairly new sport here in the US that is growing by leaps and bounds in popularity. You can Google "barn Hunt Association for details. She's entered in her first trial in March along with housemate Chance so stay tuned for more updates on this versatile girl.

http://youtu.be/Taei01pbxCQ
PaulaH

Postby Cindy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Paula and Beth, she is so beautiful!
Cindy

Postby Toni » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Oh my gosh.....could Ivy be any more adorable? She is sure having a great time. :lol:
Toni
Site Admin

Postby JenS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:16 am

Very cool! I can't wait to see the updates :)
JenS

Postby PaulaH » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Ivy and I competed in our first official barn hunt along with North Star alums Chance and Tess (formerly Brooklyn). We had great fun. Ivy is very thorough and likes to clear the whole area...this will be handy when we start to have to identify when there are more rats (up to 4 in the higher levels). She got her RATI (instinct) qualification and then got her first leg of her RATN (novice). She has two legs to go for that. This is such a fun game to play with your dogs. The emphasis is on POSITIVE play and the folks with Barn Hunt are insistent on taking care of the rats so they don't get stressed as well. Check us out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Prv2 ... RqFPubD46g and look for Ivy's first instinct barn hunt test and novice test (2 videos).
PaulaH

Previous

Return to Happy Tails!