Ivy

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Ivy

Postby Cindy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 am

Ivy, an 11 month old sable Border Collie, was retreived from a shelter that sells to research. This shy but happy, playful, and lovable girl got her forever home on November 7, 2009.

This pretty little girl is Ivy. She is a sable Border Collie approximately 11 months old. She has a very sad story as she was found as a stray and had the misfortune to end up in a shelter that sells to research. North Star worked with a very caring employee at the shelter who was trying desperately to get her out. Luckily we were able to take her in and now she is safe and will be learning what it is like to live in a home and be loved.

Ivy is very shy at this point around new people. She bonded almost instantly with me and is very playful, happy and loving when I am with her. She has already learned what fun it is to play with a squeaky ball and returns it to me to throw for her. She hasn’t mastered being able to jump in the air to catch it….although she sure tries hard. But she is very light and agile and I am certain she will figure it out soon with a little more practice.

I am still getting to know Ivy and will post more updates on her progress. She will need to stay with me a minimum of two weeks before she can be adopted. Ivy is up to date on all her shots and is on heartworm preventative and flea/tick preventative. Ivy is spayed and microchipped.

If you have any questions, you can email me at burnham@chartermi.net.

Ivy is being fostered in southwest lower Michigan.
Attachments
ivy1.jpg
ivy1.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 51093 times
ivy2.jpg
ivy2.jpg (27.36 KiB) Viewed 51093 times
ivy3.jpg
ivy3.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 51093 times
Cindy

Re: Ivy

Postby PaulaH » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm

We adopted Ivy from Toni in November of 2009 and feel like we won the lottery with this special girl. At the time she was rescued by Toni she was described as the most shy dog Toni had ever had. Well, a year and a lot of fun later, this beautiful girl has really come into her own. Ivy lives here on the farm with Nelson, another NorthStar rescued dog, and Allie, a bc/aussi mix. She has quickly established herself as the princess and runs the place. She loves to play with the other dogs and will instigate a game of zoomies at every chance. She loves to sleep at your feet if you are on the computer and nestles in right beside me at night in bed. She went to obedience last winter and spent the first few sessions in the corner just watching the commotion. By spring she was taking beginning Agility classes and is now working off leash in a busy arena doing small courses of 6-10 obstacles. She is a gorgeous jumper and has the best 2on2off contacts, but her greatest accomplishment is that she has become the arena greeter. She loves to meet any new handler and their dog and is becoming quite the good will ambassador! She is such a special girl and we are so blessed to have her. Thanks again Toni for entrusting us with this girl!
PaulaH

Postby beth panwitz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 pm

IMG_9864REV2.jpg
IMG_9864REV2.jpg (225.17 KiB) Viewed 51021 times
IMG_2924REV2.jpg
IMG_2924REV2.jpg (107.55 KiB) Viewed 51021 times
IMG_2909REV_edited-1REV2.jpg
IMG_2909REV_edited-1REV2.jpg (206.81 KiB) Viewed 51021 times
beth panwitz

Postby Toni » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Could Ivy look ANY cuter in her sheep costume? :romance-heartsfade:

Sheep costume.jpg
Sheep costume.jpg (41.85 KiB) Viewed 50882 times

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:39 PM

Toni…Ivy won first place for the “cutest costume” at our annual Howl -o -ween party this past October. I thought it was hysterical that a border collie was dressing as a sheep but you have to admit she is adorable! P
Toni
Site Admin

Postby JenS » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:44 pm

That is toooo cute!! I love the irony :lol:
JenS

Postby PaulaH » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 am

Well, here she goes again! Ivy added another accomplishment to her resume this weekend after she eared her Novice Rally title at a three trial weekend event at the Muncie Obedience Training Club's annual spring trials. This little gem has surpassed our wildest hopes as she was such a shy little girl when she first came into rescue but continues to be happy about trying new doggie sports and not only competing but winning. Her story is beginning to sound a little like Forrest Gump's! She's been a model for Midwest Metal's crates and her picture is going around the world on one of the crate boxes. She's competing in Agility (and qualifying every time out so far), she just started herding (and boy does she have eye!!), and now she can claim a Rally title as well. Who knows what's next for this golden girl, but you can bet she'll have fun doing it!

2013-04-28 11.04.14a.jpg
2013-04-28 11.04.14a.jpg (164.01 KiB) Viewed 50211 times
PaulaH

Postby Toni » Wed May 01, 2013 9:15 am

Congratulations Ivy and Paula and thanks for the picture. Ivy has accomplished so much and is having such a good time doing it....she was BORN to be a star! :romance-hearteyes:
Toni
Site Admin

Postby JenS » Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 am

Way to go Ivy!! :banana-dance: She looks so proud of herself in the picture. :lol: Thanks for sharing Paula. You must be proud!
JenS

Postby Toni » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 pm

UPDATE from Ivy's owner.....

Ivy competed in her first CDSP (companion dog sports program) obedience trial and won her class. She was a little too worried about the judge in the morning trial but rebounded like a pro and scored a 190.5 in the afternoon. CDSP is a great venue for softer dogs because you can give a treat after each exercise as well as talk and praise your dog through all the exercises. She’s really starting to amass a big collection of ribbons (agility, rally and now obedience). Next up is a herding buckle ; )

Paula

Ivy_CDSP.jpg
Ivy_CDSP.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 48699 times

Congratulations to Paula and Ivy on their latest accomplishment! Ivy was one of my first foster dogs and was adopted by Paula in 2009. This resulted in Paula and her roommate, Beth, becoming fosters for North Star. They fostered many dogs and in the process also ended up adopting Nelson and Chance.

Paula and Beth live on a farm in Indiana along with their fourth dog, Allison (an Australian Shepherd), misc cats, horses and chickens.
Toni
Site Admin

Postby JenS » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

I love how in every picture she looks as if she is posing. What a cutie!!
JenS

Next

Return to Happy Tails!