Misty

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Misty

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:58 am

This gorgeous 16 month old Blue Merle Border Collie, an owner relinquishment, found her new forever home on January 8, 2010.

Misty is a purebred 16 month old blue merle border collie female. She is the older sibling (same parents, consecutive litters) of Miley who was one of our foster dogs this summer.

At the time, Miley's family relinquished her to us they decided to keep Misty. However they have come to the same conclusion with Misty that they are not the right home for a border collie and have asked us to take her and find her forever home like we did with Miley. Misty is scheduled to be picked up this Saturday. At that time she will be evaluated. We currently do not know what type of girl she is other than she is very beautiful! Watch the site for updates on her!
Attachments
misty.jpg
misty.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 39642 times
Cindy

Re: Misty

Postby MarkCurtis » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Misty has started agility training 6 weeks ago, has promise. Her and Wildfire are getting along like sisters. They have fun playing their games and running after soccer balls. Misty loves to sleep in our bed at bedtime and through the night. Loves to cuddle. She is such a great dog and I'm thankful I got her.
MarkCurtis

Postby Toni » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 am

Thank you for the update Mark, it is always so nice to hear from you and how well she fit in with your family. When our old website went down we lost most of our photos, but here is the picture I took the day you took Misty home.

And I just couldn't resist putting up my favorite picture of her.....she is such a beautiful AND smart girl.

Feel free to post your pictures of her here too - and of course any brags and accomplishments. (I am sure there will be many). Give Misty a big hug from her foster mom and tell her Skeeter says "hello". He used to love how she would boss him around. :lol:
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Toni » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

This girl isn't only beautiful....but she has brains and athleticism too!! Here is an email I received from her owner about her very first agility competition. Looks like Mark and Misty have a very bright future ahead of them.

Hi Toni,

Misty really put on a good show this last weekend. She seemed so comfortable being out on the courses. Our next trial is in 3 weeks, will see if she is for real or not.

Mark and Misty

Subject: FVDTC Results for Misty
Date: Monday, September 19, 2011, 9:38 AM

Dear Mark,

The following information is being sent to the AKC for
Misty (Misty) - PAL254769

17-Sep-2011
JWW-NB-REG - 20 Inch - Judge: Lisa Haidle-Potts
Distance: 113 yards - SCT: 38 seconds
Score: 100(Q) - Time: 27.47 seconds - 3rd place

STD-NB-REG - 20 Inch - Judge: Blair Kelly
Distance: 144 yards - SCT: 69 seconds
Score: 100(Q) - Time: 46.46 seconds - 1st place

18-Sep-2011
JWW-NB-REG - 20 Inch - Judge: Blair Kelly
Distance: 108 yards - SCT: 36 seconds
Score: 100(Q) - Time: 33.43 seconds - 2nd place

STD-NB-REG - 20 Inch - Judge: Lisa Haidle-Potts
Distance: 140 yards - SCT: 67 seconds
Score: 95(Q) - Time: 56.92 seconds - 1st place

Thanks Mark for giving this girl a Border Collie's DREAM home!
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Toni » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Another wonderful update from Misty's owner, and it sounds like she is continuing to excel in her agility career. :D

Misty spent her entire life on a chain before coming to North Star and then being adopted by Mark. She couldn't have a more perfect life, and I am so thankful she and Mark found each other.

IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg (67.18 KiB) Viewed 39394 times

Hi Toni,

We're going into our December break from agility trials. Misty got her 3rd title, her OAJ ( open jumpers with weaves ). We'll start back up Jan. 7th and 8th. She has 2 qualifying runs in Open Standard and 2 qualifying runs in Excellant A Jumpers with Weaves. So, when we start back up in her first trial. She could get 2 more titles. So far she has 4 - 1st place ribbons, 6 - 2nd place ribbons, 2 - 3rd place ribbons and 1 - 4th place ribbon.

I'm going to send some of the pictures I have of her. Waiting for the picture of her going through the weave poles at the last trial. As soon as I get the agility picture I'll copy you.

I'll keep you posted on how Misty is doing.

Hope you have a happy holiday and a happy new year.
Mark and Misty
Attachments
IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0865.jpg (101.68 KiB) Viewed 39394 times
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Toni » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I received this update and awesome photo of Misty on December 20, 2011. It looks like they are SMOKIN' the agility courses. What a great team huh? :handgestures-thumbupleft:

MistyWeaves.jpg
MistyWeaves.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 39300 times

Hi Toni,

Finally received Misty's picture. I think it shows how she really does the weaves. She leans into to the poles, which is unusual. I think it's a good picture of her. I guess I'm a little bias. I'll keep you updated on her progress in the agility trials.

Happy Holidays Mark and Misty

CONGRATULATIONS on yet another great day for Misty and Mark! :D

Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:09 PM

Hi Toni,

Well wonder dog has done it again. The first day of the agility trial, Misty has double Q. Gain 2 more titles, her OA and her AXJ. So, she now has 5 titles in 6 trials.

Will keep you updated on future trials.
Mark and Misty
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Toni » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Mark posted this to our Facebook page on February 7, 2015. Sounds like they have a very busy year planned. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

We're on the count down to Misty's MACH 1. We need 289 points, we have all our double Q's ( 20 ). Misty actually has 26 double Q's. Lots of trials starting the end of March and continue every weekend into July. Will keep you posted. Mark and Misty
Toni
Site Admin

Return to Happy Tails!