Dice

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Dice

Postby Toni » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Dice....

Dice2011-11-25_6.JPG
Dice2011-11-25_6.JPG (303.72 KiB) Viewed 31296 times
Toni
Site Admin

Re: Dice - adult male Border Collie

Postby Tammy D » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Dice came to North Star on November 4, 2011 and is settling in very nicely at his new foster home. This boy is so easy to love and definitely wants to be where his people are. Dice loves to play with a tennis ball and will retrieve it as long as you want to throw it:) He gets along good with our two resident border collie girls, and puts up with their bossy ways. He came to our rescue terribly thin, so we will be working on putting some weight on him with lots of good food and treats. This isn't as easy as it sounds, as he would rather play ball then eat :) Once Dice gains a little weight he will be scheduled to be neutered. He loads nicely into his crate, keeps it dry and clean, sleeps all night without any fuss. We will continue to give updates as we get to know Dice better.

If you have any questions please email the foster mom at Tammy@northstarbcrescue.org

If you are interested in adopting Dice you must apply and be approved first. You can find our adoption application on our website at http://www.northstarbcrescue.org.

Dice is being fostered near Hudsonville, Michigan.
Tammy D

Postby Toni » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Attachments
Dice2011-11-25_1.JPG
Dice2011-11-25_1.JPG (239.08 KiB) Viewed 31296 times
Dice2011-11-25_4.JPG
Dice2011-11-25_4.JPG (235.52 KiB) Viewed 31296 times
Dice2011-11-25_3.JPG
Dice2011-11-25_3.JPG (215.65 KiB) Viewed 31296 times
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Tammy D » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

Dice.jpg
Dice.jpg (121.11 KiB) Viewed 31192 times

Dice would like to wish every one a MERRY CHRISTMAS. He received an early Christmas gift last week in the form of his neuter surgery - I am not sure he viewed it as a gift though ;) . The hardest thing about the surgery was trying to keep Dice quiet afterwards, so he could heal. He is now back to his silly self, wanting to play ball non stop. Dice also loves to play with our BC girl and they are definitely ruff and tumble. Dice is also a real cuddlier, he will crawl right up on your lap if you let him, he just can't get enough attention. Dice sleeps through the night in his crate and it is always clean and dry in the morning. We are still struggling to add some weight to this boy's body, as eating is not real high on his priorities - playing is. We will continue to work on some extra weight - geez I wish that was my problem :lol: Dice is a social boy and welcomes anyone that comes into our home. He is not real vocal, rarely barks about any thing. Dice travels nicely in the car, sits quietly.

Dice is a true VELCRO dog and will need a forever family that wants a special pup by their side. If you are looking for a true companion, but a busy one Dice may be your boy.

If you have any questions please email the foster mom at Tammy@northstarbcrescue.org

If you are interested in adopting Dice you must apply and be approved first. You can find our adoption application on our website at http://www.northstarbcrescue.org.

Tammy D

Postby Toni » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Dice #2.jpg
Dice #2.jpg (107.39 KiB) Viewed 31192 times

Dice & Rainy.jpg
Dice & Rainy.jpg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 31192 times
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Toni » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:10 am

Dice Snow Face.jpg
Dice Snow Face.jpg (93.49 KiB) Viewed 31034 times
Attachments
Dicer in Snow.jpg
Dicer in Snow.jpg (87.28 KiB) Viewed 31034 times
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Tammy D » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey everyone, Dice here. My foster mom has been so busy I decided to let everyone know what I have been up to. I have finally gained some weight and that makes foster mom very happy - no more skin and bones for this boy. Even though I was from down south and not use to the cold winter months, I have found I really like the snow. When foster mom and dad go out to shovel the driveway I get to got out front with them and play in the snow. I have the hardest time finding my tennis ball in the snow! Even though there is no fence out front I stay in my own yard with no problem. Foster mom and dad have been taking me on more walks in the neighborhood and I have been doing pretty good, if I say so myself. Cars, other people or dogs, kids on bikes don't even bother me when we are out for our walks. Foster mom says I just mind my own business and I think that is a really good thing. When foster dad is at home working in his office I lay right by his feet, I really like to be where my people are at all times. I have to admit I do have some of those border collie quirks that people talk about, but my first couple of years were pretty hard on me and I went through a lot on my own. So now I just want to find a forever family that will be understanding, give me unconditional love and work with me to help me be the great dog I know I can be. If you need more information just contact my foster parents at Tammy@northstarbcrescue.org

Tammy D

Postby Toni » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Dice....
Attachments
Dice the Wonder Dog.jpg
Dice the Wonder Dog.jpg (104.78 KiB) Viewed 30925 times
Dice Successful.jpg
Dice Successful.jpg (128.49 KiB) Viewed 30925 times
Dice Intense.jpg
Dice Intense.jpg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 30925 times
Dice Catching Frisbee.jpg
Dice Catching Frisbee.jpg (158.39 KiB) Viewed 30925 times
Toni
Site Admin

Postby Tammy D » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 pm

IMG_6474.JPG
IMG_6474.JPG (183.08 KiB) Viewed 30662 times

As the weather warms up we have found that Dice LOVES water, we call him "wet n' wild"! We have also learned that he gets very nervous when it thunder storms, but if he can just hang out with his people during the storm he seems to get through it okay. It amazes us that he senses the rain way before any one else in the house, its like having our own weather alert system. When we ask Dice if he wants to go for a car ride, he is always the first one in the car when its time to go and the last one to get out of the car when we get home. This boy loves car rides! He rides very nicely either laying down or quietly watching out the window. As you can see in his pictures, he sometimes has to share the back seat with his border collie sisters and they can be real seat hogs. :laughing-rolling: Dice continues to have some OCD behaviors, but they are much better than when he first came to us. We just remind him to "settle" when he seems to become too intense. Dice is a work in progress, but the most lovable boy. Dice cannot go to a family with children and will require a physical fence. If you would like more information about Dice contact Tammy@northstarbcrescue.org

Attachments
IMG_6488.JPG
IMG_6488.JPG (204.68 KiB) Viewed 30662 times
Tammy D

Postby Toni » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 am

IMG_6493.jpg
IMG_6493.jpg (98.54 KiB) Viewed 30661 times
Attachments
IMG_6505.JPG
IMG_6505.JPG (107.96 KiB) Viewed 30661 times
Toni