Peyton

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Peyton

Postby Toni » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Peyton6.JPG
Peyton6.JPG (182.11 KiB) Viewed 21703 times

This beautiful, adult purebred Australian Shepherd came to North Star on October 24, 2011 from a shelter in southern Indiana. The vet has estimated him to be about three years old with a current weight of 48# (although he is thin and needs to put on a little more weight). He has received all his vaccinations including Bordatella, is currently on heartworm and flea/tick preventative and has been microchipped. His neuter surgery has been scheduled for November 15th and he will be ready to be adopted as soon as he is healed.

Peyton absolute loves everyone he meets, but needs to work on how to properly greet people. Because of his high energy level he will need to go to a home without small children. He gets along great with other dogs, and did well with the cats at his temporary foster home. His current foster home is still getting to know him, so check back soon for updates.

If you are interested in adopting Peyton you will need to apply and be approved first. You can find our online adoption application at http://www.northstarbcrescue.org. Peyton's adoption fee is $250.00.

For more information please contact PaulaS@northstarbcrescue.org.

Peyton is being fostered near Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Attachments
Peyton2.JPG
Peyton2.JPG (260.77 KiB) Viewed 21703 times
Peyton7.JPG
Peyton7.JPG (224.05 KiB) Viewed 21703 times
Toni
Site Admin

Re: Peyton - adult male, purebred Australian Shepherd

Postby psmith » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Peyton is getting settled into his new foster home. He arrived last night and learned very fast from his foster sister (border collie) what he is allowed to do and where he is allowed to go. Unless there is food involved, he is very good at following those rules she set. He gets along great with her.

Peyton is very food motivated. He sits well and comes when called. We are working on holding the sit longer.

Peyton is a velcro dog and follows who ever is moving around the house. He so wants to be loved and please you. I love the look in his eyes as he sits calmly and waits for the treat to be given to him for doing what you asked. He loves being petted and having his belly rubbed.

He did well in his crate last night and was nice and quiet from 10pm to 6am (when we got up.) Then we took a nice walk this morning. He walked nice and enjoyed getting out and getting some excercise. Hopefully the rain will let up later so we can get a nice long walk in and see how he does after getting more excercise.

As Peyton settles into a routine we will begin working on laying down and some other basic commands. If you hae questions about Peyton, please e-mail me at PaulaS@northstarbcrescue.org.
psmith

Postby psmith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Peyton had his nueter surgery on Thursday and took that very well. By morning he was back to his high energy happy self. He has started to relax a little in the house and will lay down nicely and relax as long as there is no one moving around to follow. He continues to do great in his crate and show good recall. He loves car rides and walks. He pays no attention to the his foster sister in the house. Ouside he will run with her and gets some great exercise. Peyton would do well in a home as the only dog or with other animals as long as he can get plenty of his own attention. He continues to be very food motivated. We are working on eye contact, holding a sit, lay down, and stay.
psmith

Postby psmith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Peyton is extremely photogenic and loves to pose for pictures...
Nikon._11_13_2011_2415 (Small).JPG
Nikon._11_13_2011_2415 (Small).JPG (65.31 KiB) Viewed 21579 times
psmith

Postby psmith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Nikon._11_13_2011_2433 (Small).JPG
Nikon._11_13_2011_2433 (Small).JPG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 21579 times
psmith

Postby psmith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Nikon._11_13_2011_2420 (Small).JPG
Nikon._11_13_2011_2420 (Small).JPG (75.44 KiB) Viewed 21579 times
psmith

Postby psmith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Nikon._11_13_2011_2406 (Small).JPG
Nikon._11_13_2011_2406 (Small).JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 21579 times
psmith

Postby psmith » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:53 pm

This has been a very busy week for us.

Monday, I ran some errands and Peyton came with me in the car. He did great in the car and waited patiently while I ran into Walmart, Target, and Costco. We then stopped by my office and Peyton came in to meet our staff. He did well and loved everyone. Of course they said he was a beautiful, happy boy.

Tuesday through Friday I had to work. Peyton has settled into a good routine. We get up at 6:00am and take a nice walk. After I get home from work Peyton eats and we take another nice walk. Then we all play for awhile. We work on some training and work on being calm in the house.

I am very happy to report to everyone that Peyton has started to enjoy toys. I am not sure he knew what they were before. We have an entire box of dog toys that he had no interest in. Thursday he finally started to show interest in them and yesterday he started to chase balls and sometimes brings them back. That was an exciting step forward for us. However, being more playful sometimes has its side affects. Now he thinks it is fun to steal my gloves and run away with them. And he also likes to steal Kylee's bones becasue she chases him. :lol:

Peyton is also playing well with Kylee (my resistent border collie). They run and play pretty rough, but it is a good release of energy for them both.

Today (Saturday) Kylee and Peyton palyed outside for a few hours while I did yard work getting ready for winter. Peyton sticks around well and comes back when called, It was joy to be able to be able to spend time outside with him. He seemed to even enjoy stealing the sticks from me, but I didn't mind that! :)
psmith

Postby psmith » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:09 pm

This has been a great week for us. Peyton had a bath and he was very good. He seemed to like the attention and he stayed in the bath tub well.

Peyton did great with everyone at Thanksgiving, although he still needs to work on not greeting people with a jump.

We went for a couple short runs and I think Peyton could make someone a very nice running partner. He continues to walk and run well on a leash. I am currently using a gentle leader to help with his training in this area.

Peyton has learned how to play with toys this week. He especially likes catching and chasing balls. He even bring them back well for a little treat. He is very proud of himself.

Peyton loves being in the house. He will lay on the rug a chew a rawhide, but he especially likes it if you will lay on the floor with him and rub his belly. His crate training is also going well and he has even started going into the crate on his own once in awhile to check on things, etc.

If you have questions about Peyton, please e-mail his foster mom at: PaulaS@northstarbcrescue.org.
psmith

Postby psmith » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Nikon._11_13_2011_2446 (Small).JPG
Nikon._11_13_2011_2446 (Small).JPG (64.31 KiB) Viewed 21419 times

Peyton and Kylee are having fun playing together in the yard and getting lots of good exercise.
psmith

Next

Return to Happy Tails!