Elroy now KOLBY

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Elroy now KOLBY

Postby Chasity » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am

Elroy is an 11 week old Border Collie Mix (born Mid April 2011) that came from an animal control in Michigan. He weighs about 10 lbs and is black, brown & white with short hair. Elroy and his brothers Eddie & Elvis are just little love bugs. The pups originally came from an Amish farm where they were born and kept outside. According to the animal control officer that picked them up, the mom is a purebred Border Collie and their dad, well...he pled the 5th and was either a lab or an Australian Shepherd. From the looks of the puppies they could both have been the dad. Elroy is the largest of the three pups and is the most outgoing. He is adventurous and loves to run and play. Elroy is also a huge cuddler. He loves to be held like a baby and have his belly rubbed. He was lay that way for an hour if you let him. I think he will catch on very quickly to potty training.

If you are interested in Elroy or have questions you can contact his foster mom at Deborah@northstarbcrescue.org

If you are interested in filling out an application for Elroy, please visit our website at http://www.northstarbcrescue.org

Elroy is being fostered in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Attachments
Elroy1.JPG
Elroy1.JPG (107.65 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
Elroy.JPG
Elroy.JPG (177.95 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
Elroy2.JPG
Elroy2.JPG (172.41 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
Elvis-Elroy-Eddie.JPG
Elvis-Elroy-Eddie.JPG (189.51 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
Chasity

Re: Elroy - male Border Collie mix puppy

Postby Chasity » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Elroy is growing like crazy right now. I think he is going to be a pretty good sized boy as an adult by looking at his paws. Elroy is super affectionate and loves to be held like a baby and have his belly rubbed. He will lay that way forever as long as you are giving him belly rubs. Elroy is super playful and loves playing with other dogs. He loves to find things to chew on in the yard and is the first one to run the fence with the neighbor dog. I think he is going to be easy to potty train because he is always the first to potty when I let the puppies outside. Elroy is just a sweet puppy that is going to make his future family very happy.
Chasity

Re: Elroy - male Border Collie mix puppy

Postby Deborah B » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Elroy's brothers recently were adopted and he no longer had anyone to play with him, so he came to live at our house where there are many other playmates. He is the sweetest, most affectionate little guy! He fit right in with the other dogs with his easygoing way and gets along really well. He found the basket of toys immediately and went straight to a pop bottle of all things! I am very impressed with his potty training as he will go potty as soon as he hits the grass and has had no accidents in the house.
Elroy is microchipped and has had all of his vaccinations. He currently is on heartworm and flea/tick preventatives. If you have any questions regarding this awesome pup please email me at deborah@northstarbcrescue.org.
Deborah B

Re: Elroy - male Border Collie mix puppy ADOPTION PENDING!

Postby Toni » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Adopted August 16, 2011 :D
Toni
Site Admin

Re: Elroy

Postby Toni » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

We received this update from Elroy's new family August 17, 2011:

He had a great first night. Slept through the night without crying. I heard him playing with his toy in the night a couple times, but he was content. And he didn't have an accident in his crate...which is, I'm sure, thanks to you!
He loved exploring th farm, but didn't know what to think of the cows! He had a lot of visitors last night who all thought how well behaved he was. He will be spoiled for sure. Thank you so much.

Kelly

Elroy3.jpg
Elroy3.jpg (92.14 KiB) Viewed 17252 times

Elroy4.jpg
Elroy4.jpg (80.52 KiB) Viewed 17252 times

Elroy5.jpg
Elroy5.jpg (121.34 KiB) Viewed 17252 times
Toni
Site Admin

Elroy now Kolby

Postby Deborah B » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 am

Hello Debbie:

Just wanted to let you know that Kolby aka "Elroy" is doing fantastic! He is such a good boy! We took him last weekend to the lake for the weekend and he stayed right at my dads with us, never trying to wander off. He was afraid of the water at first, but when he decided to figure it out he discovered that he loved to swim. He really doesn't like the crate while no one is here. So we put baby gates up to keep him in the kitchen, dining area......double high. And wouldn't you know he can climb over them somehow..... but he has never had an accident or chewed anything up. We are now leaving him roam the house while we are gone for short periods and so far he is doing great. He also loves the farm. He likes to chase the cats and run and bark at the cows. He is very well adjusted and we love him to pieces. Justin, our oldest son is home now and took care of him while we were in Mackinaw this week. He took him swimming an to the farm. He seems to love everyone.

We are blessed to have found him.
Deborah B

Re: Elroy now KOLBY

Postby Toni » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Another great update for Elroy....

Hello:

Kolby had his surgery yesterday. Attached, please see the supporting documentation that you required. He is doing well and is a dream addition to our family. His personality is infectious......he is so lovable and smart. We truly are the winners here.

Kolby is too .... He loves all his space to run and explore. We own a farm which is a half mile up the road and he truly does not want to get in the truck to come home! But he loves it at home too. He is very well mannered, and well trained.

Kelly
Toni
Site Admin

Return to Happy Tails!