Riley

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Riley

Postby Carole » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Riley is a very playful 4 month old Australian Shepherd Mix, with one blue and one brown eye. His active puppy antics and excitable ways would not work well with small children. Riley did come from a home with kids 3 yrs old and 1 year old, he had not been worked with on jumping and at 28 lbs could easily knock a toddler over. Right now he is a diamond in the rough, we will be working with him on basic commands and housebreaking. They gave him up because they did not have the time to spend with him and didn't think he would become as active as he is.

He is a VERY affectionate boy and loves attention from us. Riley is also very playful with the other dogs here, both the adults and the other puppy. He is doing wonderful in the crate at night, not a peep out of him and clean in the morning.

For more information on Riley please email: Summerefx@hotmail.com
Attachments
Riley 019.JPG
Riley 019.JPG (132.07 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
Riley 010.JPG
Riley 010.JPG (129.06 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
Riley 002.JPG
Riley 002.JPG (221.45 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
Riley 013.JPG
Riley 013.JPG (199.7 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
Carole

Re: Riley ~ Young Male Aussie Mix Puppy

Postby Carole » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 am

Riley is doing fantastic, he is proving to be a eager and quick learner. He is very food motivated and will chase the ball but doesn't bring it back yet. He likes his crate and will go in there on his own to sleep. Riley is quickly learning that we want him to go outside and is giving a little whine when he needs to go potty. Riley is very respectful of the adult dogs signals. When he wants to play and they don't, he finds a toy and plays by himself.

He LOVES the water, when we took him to the lake and our dogs jumped off the boat, he showed no hesitation and jumped right in! He is completely relaxed in the water and a strong swimmer.

Riley at the lake 017.JPG
Riley at the lake 017.JPG (88.85 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
Riley at the lake 015.JPG
Riley at the lake 015.JPG (98.28 KiB) Viewed 9408 times

Adopted August 5, 2011 :D
Carole

Re: Riley

Postby Carole » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 am

Received this update from Riley's family:

Hi Carole,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on Riley and send along a picture.

Riley is doing fabulous! He's really fitting in well with our family. He is growing like a weed, still skinny, just getting taller and taller. He can now reach the counters and has no problem reaching to the back to get whatever he'd like. We're working on this...

He is a cuddlebug and I LOVE it. We lost power this weekend and he cuddled up with Beezley and I and helped to keep us all warm. He still enjoys his chat sessions, which are displayed mostly when Beezley is getting affection and he isn't. He has a bit of a jealousy issue :)

His newest trick is catching frisbees. At first he didn't understand that he need to run ahead of the frisbee to be able to catch it, instead we'd throw it, he'd watch it, then go pick it up. Now that he understands that concept he is running and catching it out of the air, with all four paws off the ground! It is an amazing site to see! I'm hoping to train with him more on this and see if we can find a competition of some sort for him to enter.

Riley is truly a joy to have around the house and is keeping Steve and I on our toes and active! He is the most beautiful and loving dog I've ever met (excluding Beezley, of course ;)), and everyone in the neighborhood thinks so too. We are looking forward to many more years of fun with this puppy who brings so much happiness to us!

Enjoy the attached picture, it's not the best shot of him, but I couldn't keep him still!

Thank you for this wonderful puppy!

Jamie, Steve, Beezley, and Riley

Riley_and_I.jpg
Riley_and_I.jpg (43.09 KiB) Viewed 9174 times
Carole

Return to Happy Tails!